You can be heard more easily under the noise than above it.
- I'll Take Manhattan, Sidney Sheldon

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Daily Gratitude Log 14

Gratitude Challenge: 
Give Thanks For Your Mistakes










Today is the last day of the Gratitude Challenge and the final challenge is to think of 2 mistakes that I have made which I felt bad over and to identify 3 things I gained from each mistake. 

The first mistake that I can of is thinking that I am not good enough whenever I want to venture into something.   I am always my own worst enemy as I would start to think of excuses on why I won't be able to do it.   A good example is when I was learning to do headstand in my yoga practice.  I would tell my teacher that I don't have the arm strength to hold the pose as I was afraid of falling.    But with the encouragement of my yoga teacher, I managed to overcame my fear of falling and I am now able to do the headstand and also add some variations while I am in the pose.  

The 3 things I have gained from this mistake are:

(i)   I have to approach each new experience with an open mind and heart.
(ii)  I can create possibilities if I am willing to take the first step. 
(iii) Have more confidence in myself.

The second mistake that I regret making is not having more time for myself when I was younger.  I was a workaholic and spend most of my time in the office and have little time for recreational activities and let myself get stressed out over my work.    I have since learned to have work-life balance where I now create time for myself.  I now go for my yoga classes after work and whenever I need to pamper myself, I would take leave to go for a facial and massage. 

The 3 things I have gained from this mistake are:

(i)  Self-compassion 
(ii) Creating space for my personal growth 
(iii) Generosity with myself and others 



3 Things I am Grateful for Today...


(i) I am healthy and strong. 
(ii) that my friend was not hurt when her bag was snatched this morning. 
(iii) for the mistakes I made which is part of life lessons. 



No comments:

Post a Comment