You can be heard more easily under the noise than above it.
- I'll Take Manhattan, Sidney Sheldon

Monday, August 19, 2013

Daily Gratitude Log 5

Gratitude Challenge:
Identify Three Things to Appreciate about Your Adversary 







The person who I can think of as my adversary is a colleague of mine.  When she first joined my workplace, she was having a hard time from another colleague who was not willing to give her information to help her in organizing the training sessions for the staff.  With my help, she managed to make the booking of the rooms, and arranged with the caterer for the meals during the training sessions.  To show her appreciation, she had taken me out for lunch and sometimes bought treats for me.   But when she was promoted to a higher position, she started to write emails to my bosses that I was uncooperative and not providing information to her.  I was shocked and disappointed with her change of attitude. 

For today's challenge, I have to identify 3 things to appreciate about this person which are as follows:

1.  She is very good at showering people with praises which make them feel good.
2.  She is very persistent and in a way this helps to get things done.
3.  She is very good at saying words that make the other person listens to her and thinks that she is right. 

I believe I can learn from the above behaviours but I will only use them genuinely.



3 Things I am Grateful for today...


(i) as mom has not been feeling well for the past few days, my brother took her for a medical check up today.  I am so glad that the doctor said her pain might be due to muscle spasm and she should get well after taking some medication. 
(ii) mom will be staying at my brother's place for a few days.  I am grateful that my brother and his wife will be looking after her as she would have been all alone at home when I am away at work.
(iii) chia seeds which I have started taking due to its many benefits.   By adding them into my drinking bottle, I find that I am also drinking more water daily. 





No comments:

Post a Comment